Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our fourth of July

Ok, once again I don't have pictures, and I am sorry. I do have lots to put on here, but I wanted to get zadens' birthday pictures before I posted them all. So on my next post I promise lost of pictures for you all to see.

We have had a great July so far. Even though I have to admit it got hot fast. We went to Richfield for the 4th of July and had a blast!!! For those of you who don't know Richfield does some very interesting things for the 4th. First there was the diaper derby. (for those of you that live in Richfield you can skip this cause you alreasy know, hehehe) okay so the diaper derby is where parents can sign there babies up to race against other babies their age. They either crawl, walk, or walk and pull something. But the one to get to the adult first go on to the next round and so on until they get 3 winners and they all get cash savings prizes. So I have to say I like to watch it, some of those babies are really cute. This year one of my neices was in it. Belinda was so cute she didn't move she just sat and smiled her big grin at everybody!!! The other babies in her heat didn't move for a long time either, they all were just having more fun sitting. So poor Belinda didn't make it past the first round, but she looked really cute with her sweet smile anyway!!!
Well then on the 4th we of course watched the parade. And both of my bays got lots of candy, and I mean lots!!!!!! They had a lot of fun though. After the parade we went to the city park where they have a lot of different booths set up, and food. So we just hung out at the park for a couple of hours and zaden got to make a race track at the home depot booth!!!
The big thing at the park for the kids is the fish grab. Now I have to say Everyone including me let's their kids do this, however I think it the really well almost horrifying, for lack of a better word. They have these sqare wooden pools set up for different age groups. Then they put these huge fish in and say "go" and these couple hundred kids just go running in the pools after these poor fish trying to catch them.... Zaden did not do good. The fish were really big and he just got scared of them, but that's okay maybe next year. Now the best part of all and hopefully people see the humor more than anything in this. My nephew has a prostetic leg okay, well when he went in after the fish his leg fell off. Seriously those poor little kids were picking up his leg and didn't know what to make of it. I'm sure you can imagine the horrifying looks on there faces. Not to mention the adults of those kids had no idea what to say. Little Nate is really good with his prostetic, thank heavens he doesn't get embarrassed. He was so excited about getting a fish I don't know how long it took his to realize his prostetic was gone.

So all in all in was a good weekend. Zaden loves playing with his favorite cousin Riddick. And Braddock had fun showing off his great walking skills.

I also had my 5 year High School Reunion. I didn't really go, but I was glad to see everyone that I got to at the park. Life seems to be really good for everybody.

Okay well like I said I will for sure have pictures on my next post I will just post zaden's b-day and the rest of the month together!!! I can't believe he turns three next week!!!

1 comment: